Home      Singing Contest       Join      Winners      Prizes    Advanced Search      Ask Our Producers       FeedBack
Question: If I wrote songs with someone and then parted ways and the songs are
copyrighted, should I have to sign a release form If he asks? He hired a bunch
of musicians to play on the songs and paid them a fee. Since I am the co-writer,
is there any reason I would want to sign a 'release form' if he asks me
to? Hope that makes sense
Answer by

2GEARed uP Productions's response:
I don't really understand the release form unless your friend is wanting you to give up your rights to the song. You would need to ask an attorney about this sort of thing. If you own even 1/2 of a copyright song, you are entitled to 1/2 of the earnings no matter if the other person is hiring others to sing the song. If it makes money you are still the co-writer and co-owener. If you sign a release you are giving up ownership it would seem. Without seeing the release form, we can only speculate. Still seek professional advise from an attorney before you give away the bank.

Click here to go to this Producer Home Page on our site.

Untitled Document
    About us    Contact    Site Map
© 2004 - 2019 Tune97.com Producer/Singer Matching and Online Singing Contest.
Click to see Who is Online

Copyright © 2004-2019 Tune97.com All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of this web site in whole or in part is prohibited.
The trademarks, logos and content of this web site are the exclusive property of Tune97.com and may not be used or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Tune97.com.